Quality Assurance Analyst
At Joist, we’re on a mission to make contractors heroes! Joist is already the #1 platform for contractors worldwide, but there’s still work to be done. We have incredible adoption from contractors, top-tier venture partners from Toronto, San Francisco, and Boston, and a gritty team that truly cares about what they're working on.
We are looking for a Quality Assurance Analyst to contribute to our product quality. This is an outstanding opportunity where you will be responsible for integrating complex project testing plans, within Agile (Scrum) framework, to help validate and verify the quality of our Joist app.
Sound like you?
As a QA Analyst, you are responsible for providing estimates, creating test plans, coordinate testing activities and development and execution of manual and automated test scripts. You will document all QA deliverables, status reports and track applicable quality metrics. In addition, you will also ensure that quality issues and defects are appropriately identified, documented, tracked, and resolved in our defect tracking system.
What You'll Do:
- Design, develop and document application test strategies, test plans and test cases based on software requirements and technical specifications for all Joist’s product offerings
- Interact and work closely with Product Managers and Engineering team members during all stages of Software Development Life Cycle and bridge the gap between business and technological sides of the solution
- As a member of a scrum team you will monitor testing progress, provide testing status updates and escalate issues or roadblocks to Product Owner, management and other project participants
- Review requirements specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Estimate, prioritize tasks, create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and execute test cases
- Design, develop, execute and maintain automation test scripts using open-source tools such as RSpec, Espresso, Selenium, JAutomate, Appium, Cucumber, etc.
- Identify, document thoroughly and follow up on bugs until resolution
- Perform various testing execution tasks as required by project or QA testing stages such as functional, regression, performance, security, UAT, UX/UI and smoke testing
- Lead and monitor the testing execution for each sprint (Agile) or testing phase
- Provide off-hours support as required for project testing, production deployments, maintenance windows and emergency production issue investigations
- Proactively recommend process, and tool improvements
What we are looking for:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Proven working experience in software development and quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Must have 1+ experience in designing test automation framework and developing scripts using open-source tools such as Selenium, JAutomate, Appium, Cucumber, etc.
- Experience in manual and automated mobile device testing
- Knowledge of SQL and scripting
- Experience with performance and security testing
- Strong working knowledge of Jira, and SCRUM methodologies
- Experience in a fast paced project environment, working on an Agile team
- Experience in contributing to project testing
What will make you perfect for this role:
- Experience working with Continuous Delivery Pipelines
- Experience with Cloud Based hosting (preferably AWS)
- Experience with Email providers such as Amazon, Sendgrid
- Experience with Microservices
- Experience working with Distributed Teams
What makes working here awesome:
- Unlimited Vacation & Flexible Work Hours
- Healthcare & Dental Benefits
- Health & Wellness Credit
- Monthly Team Events
- Pet Friendly Office
- Lunch and Learns
- Work from any of our office locations
- Joist swag to make you feel right at home
- Free Healthy Snacks & Free Coffee
- Prime Downtown Toronto Location