Joist is the #1 platform for for contractors worldwide. We have incredible adoption from contractors, top tier venture partners from Toronto, San Francisco, and Boston, and a gritty team with that truly cares about what they're working on. We’re looking for an Senior Mobile engineer to join our team responsible for launching a suite of new products into our mobile platform.
Work on a mobile product that people actually use, and LOVE. Check out our mobile apps here:
Joist for iOS: https://itunes.apple.com/app/id592163563 (over 10k reviews)
Sound like you?
Passion for mobile You're up to date on the latest trends in the iOS ecosystem and you consider yourself a thought leader. You know all the release rumours and you sign up for early access for everything Apple announces.
Innovation iOS gives the developer a lot of freedom to create truly unique user experiences. You're always looking for the next way to push the boundaries of what can be achieved with on mobile devices.
Performance You understand that a hundred milliseconds of delay can be the difference between a delightful and a frustrating user experience. You can dive into the internals of iOS libraries to understand why your code is not running as fast as you expect.
Delivery Focused You love seeing your work pushed to the App Store. You know how to navigate the app submission process, and have run beta test programs before. You strive to submit your next iteration on your app immediately after the previous submission gets approved, all the while never sacrificing quality.
Teamwork Many of the problems we encounter require insight from many parts of the business. Your ability to coordinate and communicate is essential to our success.
Started in 2013, Joist is an end to end vertical software platform for small & medium sized trades contractors. Joist gives trades contractors the software tools & best practices needed to deliver incredible home renovation experiences, and connects them with homeowners looking for home improvement work. We've got the largest contractor network in the world using Joist to power their business, and we have major growth planned.
Tools of the Trade:
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent hacking experience.
- 2+ years of experience in iOS Development
- Must have built and shipped at least 2 apps to the Apple App Store
- Experience working with iOS frameworks such as Core Data, Core Animation, Core Graphics and Core Text
- A deep familiarity with Objective-C, Swift, and Cocoa Touch
- Ability to work across multiple API versions and Devices
- Experience writing test cases, automation scripts, and doing risk analysis prior to product releases
- Ability to profile mobile apps to understand performance concerns
- Solid OOP / Architecture Design Skills
- Regularly review and mentor the work of junior team members
Our Tech Stack
- iOS (Objective-C, Swift 4.x, XCode 9.x)
- Automation & Delivery
- Ruby on Rails 5
- Ruby on Rails 5
What makes working here awesome:
- Healthcare & Dental Benefits
- Monthly Team Events
- Pet Friendly Office
- Lunch and Learns
- Work from any of our office locations
- Joist swag to make you feel right at home
- Free Healthy Snacks & Free Coffee
- Prime Downtown Toronto Location
- Take ownership in the company you work for! Roles include full stock option plans for all full-time team members.