Sr. Product Designer
Joist is looking for a Sr. Product Designer
At Joist, we’re on a mission to make contractors heroes! We provide trades contractors with simple to use software, that enables them to save time and grow their business. With over 700,000 contractors, and $10B in projects. Joist is the #1 platform for contractors in the world, and we’re just getting started.
Check out some of our stellar reviews here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com....
WHY WORK WITH JOIST?
- You will work with a team of motivated and wildly talented engineers, product and growth people
- You will help build a product that impacts millions of people
- You will get to work with a team using the newest technology stacks available
- You will be mentored by some of the best start-up leaders in the world who support continuous learning and growth while solving a big problem in a massive market.
- You will work in a fast-growing startup backed by some of the best venture capitalists in North America.
WE LOOK FOR PEOPLE WITH:
- Passion: Hard problems are not solved overnight. It takes a special kind of attitude and hunger to build something great.
- Teamwork: Many of the problems we encounter require insight from many parts of the business. Your ability to coordinate and communicate is essential to our success.
- Foresight & judgement: You have a strong understanding of the building blocks of scalable systems. You have the experience to know what to build and the discipline to know what not.
- Curiosity: You have a have passion for learning and knowledge, and often work on personal / side projects
- Agile: You can work closely with a product team, engineers, designers to create amazing experiences for our customers
JOB SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS:
- You have designed world class mobile user interfaces and user experiences. And are fluent in the latest design patterns and conventions
- You have experience turning complex problems into simple and engaging customer experiences for iPhone, iPad, Android and web
- You can work closely with a product team, engineers, and the rest of the team to create amazing experiences for our customers
- You care about interacting with users, observing how they use the product, and are able to look at data to develop a deep understanding of what works well and what can be improved through a better user experience and interface
- You enjoy an iterative design process that includes accepting and managing feedback, and challenging conventional wisdom
- You enjoy demo’ing your designs and projects fast. You embrace feedback and constantly challenge yourself to learn and grow as an individual and a member of the team.
- Strong preference given to those who have have passion for personal / side projects
- Have shipped a product from start to finish to actual customers
- Located in Toronto
- 3+ years of working experience as a UX/UI designer
- Employee Stock Options Plan
- Healthcare & Benefits provided
- Pet Friendly Office
- Tea, Coffee, and Healthy Snacks
- Regular Social Events
- Prime Downtown Location at Portland & Richmond St.
- Have impact: You will have full ownership over the design, and make lives easier for hundreds of thousands of people.
- Enjoy your work: Young, energetic, flexible and super fun work culture
- Look good: A standard issue company hoodie and t-shirt
- At the heart of tech: Beautiful downtown Toronto office
- Learn: By setting ambitious goals, quick turnarounds and growing at a high pace there are tons of learning opportunities with Joist