***VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WORKING WITH THE JOIST TEAM***
BUCKLE UP, IT’S GOING TO BE A WILD RIDE
Don’t say we didn’t warn you; there’s a reason we’re the fastest growing startup in Toronto!
Joist is on a mission to transform the business of home improvement. And we’re having a blast while making home improvement dreams a reality.
- Ranked in the Top 25 business apps in the Apple App Store (out of 19,500 business apps)
- Tens of thousands of highly engaged customers, growing very quickly
- $5B+ in transactions processed since launch
- Millions of homeowners have experience working with a Joist-powered contractor
- Funded by top tier US & Canadian VCs
Checkout our app: http://joistapp.com and our concierge service: http://joisthome.com
- You’ll have a huge impact on a product used and adored by hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide
- Young, energetic, flexible and super fun work culture
- Weekly team outings (such as the infamous Joist Wine Fridays)
- A standard issue Joist green hoodie and t-shirt
- Be self-directed – you won’t have some manager guy or client peering over your shoulder
- Open vacation policy – take time off as needed on your own schedule
- Flexible work times – the # of hours sitting in a chair does not = productivity
- A kegerator that never runs out of premium beer and Frank’s Hot Sauce stocked in the fridge
- Be a shareholder – everyone on the Joist team owns equity
- Spontaneous games of poker, Settlers of Catan, Risk
- Nerd out and try new technologies at bi-monthly Joist hackathons
- Own significant areas of technical work
- Regularly review and mentor the work of junior team members
- Organize your work against team goals and focus on work with the most impact
- Pick up new areas of responsibility where needed, and tackle problems that need experienced hands on the wheel
- Engage in discussions thoughtfully and support clear decision making as a model for the project as a whole
- Be a thought leader within the technology platform(s) you are working with
- Communicate regularly with the team to make them aware of the latest innovations within your area
- Must have built and shipped at least 2 apps to the Apple App Store or the Google Play Store
- Must have the ability to work across multiple API versions and Devices
- Must have experience writing test cases, automation scripts, and doing risk analysis prior to product releases
- Must be able to profile mobile apps to understand performance concerns
- Must be able to design a feature from requirements all the way through to implementation
- Must have experience with Agile Development Process and Timeline Estimation
- Must have solid OOP / Architecture Design Skills
- Must be well versed in ReST APIs
- Must be comfortable designing custom user interface components
- BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent hacking experience.
- 3+ Years of experience in iOS or Android Mobile Development
- 2+ Years of experience managing direct reports in an Engineering Organization
- Proven ability to organize teams and hit milestones week over week
- Experience working with Continuous Delivery Pipelines
DO WHAT YOU LOVE
If you are looking for a role with:
- One of the fastest-growing start-ups,
- An incredible team comprised of motivated and wildly talented individuals,
- Opportunity for continuous learning and growth while solving a big problem in a massive market ... Get in touch!
Visit our careers page here: joistapp.com/careers to learn more about working with the Joist team.
This is a full-time position.
LOCATION: Toronto (Downtown @ King & Spadina) checkout photos of what goes on at the Joist office here: https://www.joistapp.com/careers.
TARGETED START DATE: Immediate