***VISIT OUR CAREERS PAGE HERE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT WORKING WITH THE JOIST TEAM***
If working with:
1) one of the fastest growing startups
2) an awesome engineering team, and
3) solving a big problem in a massive market
sounds like something you want be a part of with a competitive salary and meaningful equity, get in touch with us.
Joist’s mission is to SUPPORT TRADES CONTRACTORS IN RUNNING THE BEST BUSINESSES POSSIBLE by bringing coordination, professionalism, and transparency to the contractor ecosystem. We move extremely quickly, and ship new product features that delight our users on a weekly basis. Everyone on the Joist team contributes new ideas and has the chance to put their signature on what we deliver to our users.
Joist is a tool for trades contractors, that allow them to estimate, invoice, accept payments, and manage projects from an iPad, iPhone, Android phone or tablet and the web.
Checkout our app: http://bit.ly/19Sqw6v
- Ranked in the top 50 business apps in the Apple App Store (out of 19,500 business apps)
- Tens of thousands of highly engaged users, growing very quickly
- $1B+ in transactions processed since launch
- Funded by top tier US & Canadian VCs
- Fall in love and have a huge impact on a product used by hundreds of thousands of businesses worldwide
- Young, energetic, flexible and super fun work culture
- Weekly team outings (such as the infamous Joist Wine Fridays)
- A standard issue Joist green hoodie and t-shirt
- Work with an engineering team that values an agile development process, scrums, test driven development, automated testings, pull requests, source controls, and proper requirements and specs
- Work in a focused work environment - our product roadmap doesn’t flip-flop
- Be self-directed – you won’t have some business guy or client peering over your shoulder
- Open vacation policy – take time off as needed on your own schedule
- Flexible work times – the # of hours sitting in a chair does not = productivity
- A kegerator that never runs out of premium beer and Frank’s Hot Sauce stocked in the fridge
- Be a shareholder – everyone on the Joist team owns equity
- Spontaneous games of poker, Settlers of Catan, Risk
- Nerd out and try new technologies at bi-monthly Joist hackathons
- 2 - 3 years iOS experience
- BSc. in Computer Science / Engineering or equivalent hacking experience
- Strong preference given to those who have have passion for personal / side projects
COMPENSATION: $80k - $110k / yr, + equity
LOCATION: Toronto (Downtown @ King & Spadina) checkout photos of what goes on at the Joist office here: https://www.joistapp.com/careers.
TARGETED START DATE: Immediate